Tuesday, August 31, 2010

our poems from Michael Dan

In Room 11 we've been writing Michael Rosen here are ours

here's Michaels


Day of the smiggle robbery
It all started one morning ..........
I was at Mapua school thinking to myself I’m gonna play with my smiggle rubber.
When it happened I look in my pencil case it was gone
That’s when the investigation began
I called my team of trained detectives, Hayden, Jordan and Myself.
We were to bring down the suspects one by one.
First we searched Hayley's desk
People saying they saw her with it and she was away
So it was a lot easier than we expected, but Hayley has helpers like Laura and Ellie .
But we got nothing nothing!
We will get them both tomorrow.
The next day Hayley I asked Where is it? I know you know were it is
“Fine here you go" she gets it out and gave it back
Every one was happy until!
"Again it’s gone again"
Hayden says it must be Hayley, Laura or Ellie again
But Jordan says no I know that they really want it, but I think somebody else has done it this time.
We will see if it was them anyway.
I was very convinced that they did it
We were busy arguing when Dan walked in as they were saying you will never find it!
When Dan pulls it out of his pocket
Yes they will never find it!
We all laughed I got it back and we enjoyed the rest of our day.

by Michael



here's Dans

Mountain Biking
Mountain biking with the cold wind seeping through your jersey
You pedal the whole way down the mountain as you fly into the burms
throwing you around the corner as you fly
Up to the jump with a huge rush of adrenaline flowing through your body
With your heart pounding you hit the landing with another rush of relief
As you know you’ve landed successfully as you keep on peddling you come to a straight
You pedal harder as you hit the burm

You gear out
You know you’re putting in 100 % effort in
You see another burm you know you have to slow down or you are
Going to it getting closer and closer you get to it and
You lock on the brakes as you hit the burm
Slow right down but now you have to build up all you speed again
It’s not the safest sport but
It is one of the most fun things to do in your spare time

By Dan

1 comment: