Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Micheal Rosen Poems

Hi Ya room 11
I think you would all agree that the Micheal Rosen Poems were great fun to brainstorm, write, and read out to the class.
The last few days, Room 11 has been looking at the work from the famous poet, Micheal Rosen.
Our task was to design a poem that explains one of the things/moments in life when we felt happiest.
There where great Ideas like, First day back at school, Soccer or rugby Rep team try outs and loads more.
Here's an example

The Beach

I wandered by the water
and wondered what there’d be.
A crab,a fish,a tadpole
Or things to small to see.

As I looked into the water
What then did I see?
All those curious little creatures
Staring back at me!

I took a walk along sand and I meet
hermit crab I watched him scurry on the sand
to find a house that’s second-hand
He crawls in someone else’s shell
And stays because it fits him well.

We have loads more poems like this one.
It was great fun.

By Jeanine and Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment