Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Construction on the New Classroom (Room 12)

Bang! Bang! Bang! That's all we hear these days! Plus a few, 'screeching saw' noises. Construction on Room 12 has begun. And it's right outside Room 11! For the past two days, we haven't been able to look outside without seeing the great big, orange fence barrier guarding the construction site. Or men walking around with great big, steel poles. And on day 1 there was a ginormous digger out there. Let me tell you something, the workers have really set up camp. They have their own little shed that holds all of their little (and big) 'toys'. They have trucks, they have a fence. My golly, they have a little moat surrounding the 'island' of posts that mark where the classroom's going. Yesterday, there were huge hammer-head thumps on the outside of our classroom's wall. During reading time!!! The classroom is planned to be finished halfway through Term 4. I don't think I can cope that long with all of the noise that is flooding the school. Oh well, I guess I can't do anything about it until it is finished. I can't wait to se what it looks like when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment