Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Camp:Totaranui Style-Walking Edition




"Come on guys its 7am!" yelled our teacher Mrs S.
"Go away" I moaned, I am not a happy person when I don't get enough sleep. I was not in the mood for waking up and , of course, I was not looking forward to Tuesday's activity-walking to Separation Point. I was looking forward to being there, but not getting there. Going downhill was my favourite part, but then I remembered that I would have to go up them on the way back, and that was NOT a happy thought!

We took a group shot and started off on the long trail to Separation Point. It was all going fine and I was feeling positive, until I saw the first uphill part of our journey. It felt as if my confidence had ran back to the homestead and left nothing but fear behind. All of a sudden, I felt jealous, I wished I could've gone back to the homestead!

The first slope was torture and every time I turned a corner, the trail would continue uphill. Until, at last, the pain ended and we were going down, down, down to Anapai for morning tea. When we finally arrived, we ate, and then some of us wandered around and looked for cool shells and rocks in the sand.Emily even found the skeleton of a seahorse, which looked amazing! The fun couldn't last and we set off again, sooner than we thought, we found ourselves walking onto a beautiful beach only to be disappointed that it wasn't Mutton Cove, the place we would have lunch. We took another group shot and headed away, along the beach.

Mutton Cove was another beach along the way, and we had our lunch in a little camping area. By now, we each had a lot of shells or stones that we could take home as a memory of the fun we had at Totaranui. We had a little rest and played around with our friends before setting off to our final destination: SEPARATION POINT!!!

Over rocks and hills, down steep slopes and across sandy beaches, we slowly made our way to Separation Point. It was possible to taste the excitement in the air as we made our way down the final slope to where we were heading, our whole topic for the day:Separation Point. At last, the long wait was over and we could sit and enjoy the magnificent views and enjoy the satisfactory from our hard work.

There were seals, stags, and great views, we even saw some orcas way out on the horizon. So, I guess it was a nice view, right? Yes, it was just so amazing, by far the best school camp, well, apart from the walking!

Then we had to head home. On the way we stopped at Anapai for a well deserved swim, and, one by one, we headed off in groups of 4. We were glad when we were nearing the homestead, tired by our days work. The evening came closer and closer as we neared our final destination of our long, hard journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment